Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top 5 Funny Women of the Moment (according to me)

Funny women rule.

Amy Poehler
I'll admit, it took me a season to get on board with "Parks and Recreation". Now that I get it (and they've worked the kinks out), I'm hooked. Poehler is comedy genius - not only is she the brains behind the Parks & Rec operation, but she's the heart of the show. The fact that she's married to Will Arnett makes me borderline obsessed. If you didn't see her lead the charge at this year's Emmy's, watch below.



Kristen Wiig
Man I like her. Some of her skits on SNL are just so-so, but man, when she is on, she's on. What tipped the scales for me was not just "Bridesmaids", but watching her do the press tour for her screenplay debut. She's normal. Simple. Whip smart. Accessibly pretty. To be that funny you must have some demons, but hopefully she'll figure that out on her time. We need her writing more movies.


Melissa McCarthy
As seen in the above "Bloopers" gag reel, she is hella funny. And likeable. I've never watched "Mike & Molly" (I suspect she won the Emmy because of her role in "Bridesmaids"), but I'm okay with that. She is a fearless performer. If you missed her go at host of SNL a few weeks back, find it on Hulu. She went for it.


Chelsea Handler:
I know she's polarizing. I'm on the "love" side. She's aggressive. She's no bullshit. And makes celebs squirm. Below is one of my favorite interviews. T.I. doesn't know what to do with her. I worry that she might get too mainstream and/or too famous to slam her fellow celebs, but for now, "Chelsea Lately" is must see TV.


Julie Bowen
To start, she was my least favorite on the dysfunctional player on "Modern Family" (second only to Sofia Vergara as least original). But a funny thing happened about mid-season; I started to get it. She's the straight man to the band-o-idiots she's surrounded by. Her reactions and expressions are just as funny as the more over-the-top laughs her co-stars get. Does she need to eat a quesadilla? Absolutely. But she's hella funny (and totally deserved the supporting actress Emmy). Love this clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment