Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Show Makes Me Sad

If someone had asked me a week ago, which show would be the first to get the ax, I would have said (without hesitation) "Whitney" on NBC.


I would have been wrong.

The entertainment wizards at NBC just picked it up. The only reason I can figure it's still with us is the same reason "Joey" and "Three Kings" (google it) made it a full 24 episodes: timeslot. Established shows like "Community", "The Office", and "30 Rock" cushion this craptastic "comedy" from inevitable cancellation. Move it to Tuesday at 8 & I'm certain no one will follow.

What kills me is I know she's got some talent (she's one of the writers/producers behind "2 Broke Girls", which I'm liking). But unfortunately, this show is entirely too much like her Chelsea Lately appearances ("look! i wear grandma panties, let me show you!"). Subtle she is not.


She's allegedly playing herself, which says nothing good about who she is when she's not reciting copy to the tune of a laugh track. Her co-stars add 0.0 value with their cookie-cutter stereotypes of people that are not like anyone real people are actually friends with.

And also, I SAID LAUGH TRACK.

GOODBYE!

I'd rather be watching Melissa & Joey on ABC Family. For serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment