Friday, July 1, 2011

Working It in River North

I like bad TV.

I live for any "film" that starts with "ABC Family Original" in the title.

The mock-worthy moments in these "docudramaromcoms", inevitably feature women who seem to continually find themselves in ridiculous scenarios that force me to talk directly to the TV saying things like "that NEVER happens" or "why do they make women seem so stooooopid?!"

But then, I find myself starring in one of these very scenes. They serve as a reminder that the sad, sad women writing these "fictional" gems might not be that different from me.

A recent example:

On my walk home from work the other day (about a mile), I was getting quite a few looks & honks. I thought to myself...

"Yep. NAILED IT today."

Then I got home and looked in the mirror.

This is the slightly modified reflection I discovered.


I pulled the dress down a bit so there's not a photo of me and my underthings floating around the web. I saw that cautionary tale play out on Lifetime Original (starring Joanna Kerns or Meredith Baxter Birney or one of the other 80s TV moms). And you know what? I LEARNED FROM IT.

Keepin' River North classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment