Friday, July 22, 2011

Pet Peeve #1 - PAPs

From time to time, I will write about the things that irk me.

Much like "blind items" on blogs that people actually read/care about, I will never talk about the actual source of said "irking", as more often than not, it's just general commentary (and also, I'd like to keep my job and my friends).


For the first edition of Pet Peeve Central, I will discuss my disdain for PAPs. Not the ones that require me to put my feet in stir-ups, but instead a less invasive kind that are equally as unpleasant.

Passive Aggressive People.

Here's the deal. No one loves confrontation. No one can like everyone they encounter each day. It's impossible. People who pretend to like everyone are lying. I know this to be FACT.**

To illustrate just a few of my imperfections (and there are many), let me point out a few of the behaviors I prefer to passive aggression:

1) The occasional melt down. (Tantrums can be healthy)
2) Saying something you don't mean. (Been there)
3) Non-violent-violence (I threw a picture frame once (at a wall, not a person))

I'm not condoning the above behavior. I'm also not saying that I'm better than the PAPs. I realize that the annoyance of my melt downs > Passive Aggressive behavior to some.



For me, however, I would take a melt down, regrettable comment, and/or an occasional flying coffee mug over any of the following behaviors:

1) Opposite-Dayers. Saying one thing, but meaning another. I'm not a mind reader. I have 0.0 interest in picking up that skill set.
2) Blamers. No one likes to be wrong. Or at fault. But even less attractive than being wrong is finger-pointing. Guess what that solves? That's right, 0.0.
3) I'm fine (justkidding)-ers. I have to admit, I'm guilty of this one (add it to the list). But man, there's nothing worse than someone telling you they're "fine" when you know they're mad at you. I try to remember that when I pull out an "I'm fine".

Like I said, I've got some work to do.

Knowing is half the battle, right?

**"fact" = Fun Anecdote Could be True"

No comments:

Post a Comment