Friday, July 15, 2011

Solid Gold Dreams Dashed

When I was little I wanted to be a dancer.

To be more specific, I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer.


Until 1st grade, I was convinced that I was well on my way to becoming Marilyn McCoo's side kick. I made my parents & neighbors watch me dance along to the promo credits every Sunday night. Though not as flashy, I think my subdued costume showed promise.


I rocked those leg warmers.

Unfortunately, my dreams of dance were dashed by an unfortunate run in with an overstuffed mat in gymnastics. I'd like to tell you that I broke my ankle doing a super complicated mat routine or Keri Strug-ing my landing off the uneven bars.

But that would be a lie.

My dance career ended because I got a piece of foam from the foam pit in my eye and I tripped over the corner of a mat in route to the bathroom.

Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment