Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Round up: 80s Hair, Brunch Fail, and a Guru


After a quiet Saturday, Sunday was filled with all kinds of unexpected fun. Below you'll find the pics that sum it all up.

1)   Ever wake up and feel just a little bit drunk? Not from actual alcohol, but from the euphoria that is a Sunday with no where to be? Well, I'm thinking that is what's to blame for this: 

      I've been hanging out with the Wicker Park hipster set for too long.

2)   Removed side pony (Chicago just isn’t ready) to have brunch with Pete. After waiting 45 minutes for average food, we unfortunately have to give “Brunch on Erie” a FAIL.

                                          Cute man. Sad brunch.

3)   Here's a fact: I don't do modern art. I don't get it. I don't want to get it. I do, however, like experiences. So I was up for some performance art this weekend as I was promised it would be like nothing I had ever seen before. Below you'll find some pics of the experience. It included wearing masks and talking to a guru. I’m definitely not smart enough to fully understand it, but what I can say is that it was way different than spending Sunday on the couch with Lifetime.

                                                 Pick a mask. Pick an archetype.
  
                                                                Act 2. Part 1.

                                                        Act 2. Part 2.

                                    Waiting for the guru. Real bad at meditating.

      4)  Just as we were settling in for some post-guru Sunday TV, the power went out.
            Instead of reading a book or talking about life, we decided our time was better  
            at Bangers & Lace.

                                      I don't know what's in it and I do not care.

                                                                       YEP.

                                                       Hearts for power outages.


No comments:

Post a Comment