Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Famous People I'm Not Related To. So Stop Asking.

Gibbs is not an uncommon last name.

Yet somehow, I get an inordinate number of  "are you related to FILLINTHEBLANKCELEBRITYGIBBS?"-questions.

So just to be clear, below you will find a list of "Gibbs" I am NOT related to (noted with varying levels of disappointment).

Robert Gibbs: White House Press Secretary. Though there's no relation, I am kind of jealous of his job (assuming the position is similar to the way Allison Janey portrayed it on "The West Wing").

 He seems a little creepy (especially in this pic).

Andy Gibb: I mean, it's not even spelled right. I've been asked this one enough times that for awhile I was worried I wasn't pronouncing my "s" appropriately.

 I love the BeeGees, but no.

Joe Gibbs: Washington Redskins coach. According to Wikipedia, he's big into NASCAR and the NRA. Given my 1/2-hillbilly background, he's the closest on the reality meter, but still, no.


 You're not Jim Tressel.
  
Marla Gibbs: That's right. The lady from "The Jeffersons" and "227". It would please me to know end if this one were true, but unfortunately, nope.

 I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment