Thursday, June 30, 2011

SYTYCD

If you don't understand the above the acronym, you will not understand the following post.

For the rest of you, let's talk.

So You Think You Think You Can Dance is the best reality show on TV. I will not argue with you on this point because you will be wrong. I will, however, explain my obsession.

1) The people featured on this show have an actual skill. Okay, maybe it's not a super marketable skill (how many contemporary jazz dancers does one city need?), but way better than being famous for a sex tape and/or being a housewife.

I mean, drink this in:



2) Okay, so maybe dancing statues in love isn't something you can quite wrap your head around. But anyone worth knowing loves hip hop. And people named Twitch.



3) The judges often make or break reality shows (see YES for Paula & Padma/NO for Ellen & Billy Joel's ex). The former dancing pros on SYTYCD actually know what they're talking about and/or they are so doped up on Lunesta they behave like this:



4) Cat Deely. I didn't get what a girl crush was until Cat. Heart her wardrobe. Her personality. Her saccharine sweet British accent. If she wasn't so tall, I'd put her in my pocket.


If you make time for "Hoarders" and "The Voice", I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment